CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — The Salvation Army of Cedar Rapids has reported that they will remain committed to their mission of ‘Doing the Most Good’ for those in need in Cedar Rapids.
The Salvation Army has stated they will continue to provide as many of their services and programs, but taking the necessary health precautions. This entails that there will be temporary adjustments.
The Cedar Rapids community will see the following changes:
- Starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Salvation Army daily community meal programs will be served as takeaway. Monday-Friday, breakfast 8-9 am and Lunch 12-1 pm will be served in a takeaway container through our canteen located in the parking lot.
- The Salvation Army Cedar Rapids Community center will continue their regular office hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30-12 & 1-4:30, please call with any inquiry to their services.
- The Salvation Army food pantry is available, please call to make an appointment with our caseworker, 319-364-9131.
- All church related activities have been suspended for 30 days.
- Donations of food, non-perishable items and money are welcome. Please contact us at 319-364-9131 with any questions.