Connect with us

Local News

No one injured after a house fire in Cedar Rapids



Cedar Rapids, Iowa – Four individuals and their pets got out unharmed after a fire engulfed their Cedar Rapids residence.

Around 11:25 p.m. Monday, the Cedar Rapids Fire Department was dispatched to the 900 block of 29th Street NW.

The fire was not visible from the outside when fire crews arrived, but as they opened the door, they noticed a moderate smoke.

The fire, which was discovered in the kitchen, was extinguished immediately by the firefighters. There was fire damage to the stove and cabinets above it as well as slight smoke throughout the house.

Five cats and one dog were found in the house.

According to the CRFD, the fire was caused by an accidental grease fire.

Since no one suffered injuries, people along with their pets were able to return to the house

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *