Connect with us

Local News

No one injured in Cedar Rapids fire



CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa  – A dryer is being blamed on a fire in Cedar Rapids Sunday evening.

According to a release from the Cedar Rapids Fire Department, crews were called to a home on 22nd St. NW for a dryer fire.

When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming from a clothes dryer in the basement and quickly extinguished any fire. No one was injured in the fire and the people living in the home got out safely.

According to the release, there was smoke damage to the house, but there was no heat damage from the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *