The City of Cedar Rapids continues to watch the Coronavirus pandemic situation unfold and adjust accordingly.
Facilities that had been previously closed through July 20 have now had those closures extended all the way past the Labor Day holiday. The following city facilities will now be closed through Tuesday, September 8, according to KWWL:
- City Hall (101 1st St SE)
- City Services Center (500 15th Avenue SW)
- Cedar Rapids Water Administration (1111 Shaver Road NE)
- Central Fire Station (713 1st Ave SE)
- Animal Care and Control (7421 Washington View Parkway SW)
- Cedar Rapids Police Station (505 1st St SW)
- NW Recreation Center (1340 11th St NW)
- Downtown Library (450 5th Ave SE)
- Ladd Library (3750 Williams Blvd. SW)
While the library buildings are closed to expanded public use until at least September 8, they will be announcing soon that some services will be available by appointment and curbside hold pickup remains available.
These closures may continue to be extended. In an effort to minimize disruption to public services during this time, services from the above facilities and departments remain available online or by phone/e-mail. Visit the City of Cedar Rapids website for the appropriate assistance.
A drop-box is available outside the City Services Center front lobby doors and in front of City Hall. This drop-box is for dropping off permits, payment or other paperwork that would normally be dropped off in person at the front counter.